In order to provide a healthy environment, dogs are required to be current on these vaccinations: rabies, parvo/distemper, bordetella (kennel cough), and leptospirosis.
Since cases of leptospirosis have increased in Colorado over the past several years, more veterinarians are recommending this annual vaccination. If your dog has a history of allergic reactions to vaccinations, and your veterinarian chooses not to vaccinate your dog for leptospirosis, please have your veterinarian write a note for our records.
Please have your Veterinarian call us or provide a copy of their vaccination record showing all expiration dates.
WE RECOMMEND ALL VACCINES BE GIVEN AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE BOARDING.
To ensure space for your dog(s), reservations are necessary. As soon as you know your dates, please call to make reservations, especially in advance for holidays (including Spring Break) and throughout the summer as we fill up quickly during these times.
To see our current boarding rates, fees and discount options click here.
AFTER-HOURS PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF
By appointment only and must be pre-approved by management. There will be a per-dog fee for this accommodation.
Included in fees! Yards are separated and dogs are placed in the yard that best suits their size, age, and/or level of activity and sociability. This allows medium and large active dogs to run and play together while small and/or less active dogs are free to play safely with dogs their size or to rest as desired. If you don’t care to have your dog play in a group, or it doesn’t do well with other dogs, it will have its own time alone in the play yard.
Included in fees!* We provide a chicken-based dog food from Poudre Pet & Feed Supply. If you would prefer to keep your dog on their regular diet you are welcome to bring their own food with them.
*SPECIAL CARE & FEEDING
Please help us care properly for your pets and insure their comfort and health during their stay. If your dog has special dietary requirements due to advanced age, breed, allergies, or any other reason, you must provide their own specialty food and treats during their stay. Please provide written, detailed instructions on how to feed and give medications. When bringing in your own food, particularly for a specialty diet, please give us the brand name and where you purchase it in case we run out while you are away. Please provide an extra few days of food and medications just in case!
We provide customers with discount options including punch cards, special rates for long term boarding and multiple-dog discounts. Check out our Rates/Fees/Discounts page to learn more.
If your dog boarding needs include a longer stay — one month or more — Rover’s Ranch Kennel is a great place for your dogs. Please call us (970-493-5970) to discuss terms. We are client-recommended for long-term stays!
INTAKE INFORMATION NEEDED
This is the information required upon check-in to the kennel:
- Emergency contact. How to contact the owner while traveling, your veterinarian or other local contact.
- Immunizations. We require that your pet’s shots be current. If your pet(s) has stayed with us previously and shots have been updated, please provide updated information or have your veterinarian call us. If you are a new client, please provide current immunization records for rabies, parvo/distemper, and bordetella (kennel cough).
- Feeding, treats, and medicating instructions. We will keep the schedule you have established at home for your pets to insure their continued comfort and health.
- Your dog(s): We believe all dogs need exercise and fresh air in order to enjoy their stay with us. Dogs are assigned to play groups that fit their age and energy level, and sociability. In order to provide this, we need to know a few things. Are they good with other dogs? Do you want them out with other dogs? If your dog can’t be with others, we provide alone-time in the play yard. Can they jump a 6’ fence? If your dog can escape, there is a special yard for them!
- Bedding, treats and toys. For the comfort of your pets, familiarity is best. You are welcome to bring in anything other than large beds. We have an extensive supply of clean and comfortable blankets, comforters and other bedding. If your dog can eat treats and play with toys without supervision, you are welcome to bring in any of their own toys and the treats they are normally given. Their toys and treats are kept in their own kennel, and are not allowed into the common areas. Please mark food and personal items with your dog’s name and owner’s last name.
- JUST LIKE SUMMER CAMP FOR KIDS: Prior to check-in, please mark all food and personal belongings with your last name and the dog’s name, and mark their food and medications with written, detailed instructions. When you check-in/check-out, we inventory all personal items: bedding, food, medications, treats, and toys.
- Please do not plan to leave: large beds, bowls, leashes (you can bring your pet in on a leash and take it with you).
NO HUMAN AGGRESSIVE DOGS
For our customer’s safety and the safety of our staff, Rover’s Ranch Kennel will not accept any human aggressive dogs for boarding or daycare.