This is the information required upon check-in to the kennel:
- Emergency contact. How to contact the owner while traveling, your veterinarian or other local contact.
- Immunizations. We require that your dog’s shots be current. If your dog(s) has stayed with us previously and shots have been updated, please provide updated information or have your veterinarian call us. If you are a new client, please provide current immunization records for rabies, parvo/distemper, bordetella (kennel cough), and leptospirosis.
- Feeding, treats, and medicating instructions. We will keep the schedule you have established at home for your pets to ensure their continued comfort and health.
- Your dog(s): We believe all dogs need exercise and fresh air in order to enjoy their stay with us. Dogs are assigned to play groups that fit their age and energy level, and sociability. In order to provide this, we need to know a few things. Are they good with other dogs? Do you want them out with other dogs? If your dog can’t be with others, we provide alone-time in the play yard. Can they jump a 6’ fence? If your dog can escape, there is a special yard for them!
- Bedding, treats and toys. For the comfort of your pets, familiarity is best. You are welcome to bring in anything other than large beds. We have an extensive supply of clean and comfortable blankets, comforters and other bedding. If your dog can eat treats and play with toys without supervision, you are welcome to bring in any of their own toys and the treats they are normally given. Their toys and treats are kept in their own kennel, and are not allowed into the common areas.
- Just like sending your kids off to summer camp, we ask that mark your pet’s belongings with their name. When you check-in/check-out, we inventory all personal items: bedding, food, medications, treats, and toys.
- Please do not plan to leave: large beds, bowls, leashes (you can bring your pet in on a leash and take it with you).
Check In Timing
Please allow plenty of time when checking your dog(s) in and out of the kennel. This will ensure Rover’s Ranch Kennel staff is able to get and give you essential information about your dog(s) for their stay. For more detail, review our Drop off / Pickup Policy page.